Sunday, October 9, 2011

Home.Sweet.Home

Well, I have officially been in Oregon for four days. I am sitting in the living room having my morning cup of coffee and just staring at the light drizzle coming down outside the window. I have said it before and I will say it again.... ahhhhh the Northwest! I am in love. I am struggling, because being here reminds me of how much I love this place. Not Gresham necessarily, but Oregon and what is here. My parents, siblings, grandparents and friends. It is hard to not want to just stay here. It did make me realize, however, that I do want to be close to my parents when I decide to settle down, get married and have children. With that said, I think my Montana days are numbered. I am not planning on getting married tomorrow, heck, I can't even think of a guy I would want to be with forever as of right now. But I do want to establish myself again. Find an apartment. Transfer to another Starbucks and hopefully get promoted sooner. The thing about living where there are more than one Starbucks, is that the possibilities of getting promoted are much greater.

It has been so nice to get to spend time with family. It really makes me appreciate them so much. I am one lucky girl to be surrounded by so many people that I love. I could not be happier. Or so I thought.

I got the best news yesterday! Laura and Bre will both be here next week! I get to see two of my best friends while I am  here!! I am overjoyed! I have not seen either of them in so long. It was Christmas the last time I saw Laura and June when I saw Bre. Another plus to moving back home, I will get to see them whenever they come back home. Which would be so nice to not be in Montana missing the time when everyone has come home and I am still there.

Now don't get me wrong. I love Montana. I love my family and that I get to see them every day. I love the church I am involved in. Sometimes I am scared that if I move back, I will not be involved or I will not go to church as often as I do. I know that I will have to push myself. I know that I will miss a lot of people and things about Montana. Mostly, my aunt, uncle and cousins. But I have just really realized how important it is to be close to family.

Enough about that. I just had to get my thoughts out I think. Time to get moving and get ready. On the agenda for today, shopping and pedicures with my mom! Its going to be great! That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment