Sunday, April 22, 2012

The End of an Era

Yesterday marked the end of a nearly five year career with Starbucks. It is hard to believe that I no longer work there. In fact, I don't think it will actually sink in until tomorrow when I head to my new job. I remember how excited I was when I got hired at Starbucks. I thought it was the coolest job ever. I remember my first day and doing my first impressions. Hearing all about the company and doing my first ever coffee tasting. I was tasting Tanzania. I was most afraid to take orders over the headset. I thought that there was no way I would ever learn everything or be quick on bar. Now it is almost five years later and just about everything of that job has become second nature. I find myself accidently reaching for the "b" button on my headset when I am at home and trying to talk to people, only to realize that I am not at work. Or answering my phone "thanks for choosing Starbucks". It is definitely going to be an adjustment not working there. I knew I would not be there forever, but it is still sad to leave. I have made some really amazing friends in the years that I have worked there. However, I am excited for this new journey. I am ready to have weekends off and actually get to see my family. It will be such a nice feeling to go to church on Sunday evenings and not feel exhausted from being up since 4. I know this is the change God wants for me, its just hard to put myself back into the "newbie" role and start completely over. I know it will be a great change for me. I know that I am moving forward in my life and that is very exciting. So while I close the doors on one chapter of my life, I am looking forward to starting the next chapter and seeing what it is God is going to bring my way!

Until Next Time..

No comments:

Post a Comment