Thursday, November 15, 2012

You Never Let Go

As I was driving home from youth group last night, I was filled with questions for God. He had not been speaking quite as clearly the last week. I knew he was there, but I just had to talk to him and pour out my heart.

I was overwhelmed with sorrow for a particular couple from church who is going through something I would never wish on anyone. I began to sob while I asked God why these things happen to such great people. "Why God?" I kept begging that he would help this couple to rely on him through this time and to that they would become stronger as a couple and be what each other needs. I prayed that they would seek him in this time and also remember him when things get better. Suddenly God said "be quiet and listen". So I wiped my tears and listened. And as soon as I did I heard the words "Oh no, you never let go. Through the CALM and through the STORM". There it was. God's voice was speaking to me through KLOVE.

Right when I think "hey, I have not heard from you today", he reminds me that it is because I have not called out to him. And as soon as I did, he reminded me that he is there. Always. In good times and bad. That is his promise to us. And I know that while this couple is struggling, God will continue to do amazing things through them. He will help them use this pain to comfort others just as he has comforted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment