Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blessed Opportunity

    A couple of months ago, I felt God telling me to start a small group one morning a week. All I could think was "God, I am already so busy. How on earth am I going to have time to start this study and make it successful?" God simply said, "You are going to make time." Simple as that, huh?

    I had so many concerns. The biggest was, what 8th grade girl is going to want to get up on a school day to meet at 7 in the morning? To my surprise, more than I thought. 

    Today was our first meeting and 4 girls showed up along with one of my friends who is also a leader. I am not sure if they could tell, but I was so excited that they were coming to hang out with their small group leader to talk about God. 

    Every Wednesday evening during youth group, I am amazed at their passion for the Lord. When I was their age, I didn't have any friends who loved and understood God the way they do. I am so thankful God chose me to be their leader. I am excited to see where He will take this study and the impact it will have on all of us. 

    I know it will not always be easy to get up every Tuesday. But what I do know is that God has called me to pour into the lives of these girls. Mark 10:45 tells us "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." If my Saviour was a servant and I am supposed to live a life that is pleasing to God, I am going to serve with all I have. 

    I read a blog yesterday by someone I consider a mentor. She spoke about tithing not just our money, but our time. One hour every Tuesday may not be a lot of time to tithe, but hey, it's a start. It may even get us all in the habit of tithing our time to God more often.

    I wonder if these girls know what an impact they have made on my life. They encourage me to be the very best leader I can be. To serve God regularly and be a positive influence on them. If I have learned one thing by being their leader this year, it is, only good comes from serving God and pouring into the lives of others. I am blessed. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment